Information Technology - MWT
Ms. J Pohamba
Tel: +264 61- 2088606
Fax: +264 61- 2088648
Information Technology Division will ensure easy access to information, secure reliable and accurate infrastructure, and protect IT resources while offering collaborative and creative solutions to IT related problems. The division will guide standards to serve as a roadmap and be a key enabler to promote more informed decisions by policy makers and the public at large. It will also ensure that the Ministry's IT investment is responsive to user expectations.
To provide easy access to information and services by proactively forecasting technological trends and MWT customer needs as well as delivering cost effective services desired by users and the public while maximizing our customer satisfaction through information access and participation./p>
- Significantly enhance the capability of electronic data communication and management in the ministry.
- Continuously improve IT infrastructures.
- Improve Financial Management System for the Ministry.
- Reform the ICT infrastructure to be in line with the requirements of our internal and external stakeholders.
- Reduce Operational Costs of the IT Division.
- Ensure Internal and External Customer (Stakeholders) satisfaction.
- Building – Staff Development.
The Division Information Technology is rendering IT service (network services, database development services, technical support services and the end user support services)to all Departments in the Ministry, as well as the regional offices. Apart from these services the division serves as a facilitating drive utilized to disseminate Ministerial information the Ministry,s audiences (individuals and organizations across the globe) through the Ministry's web site (www.mwt.gov.na) and inform them about government policies, programmes and solicit their active and direct contribution to the process of e-governance. Saving a space on the World Wide Web will in return help the Ministry of Works and Transport to establish an effective presence in the global arena.
Our beneficiaries are Ministerial staff, other stakeholders and the public at large. The public can contact the Deputy Director for more information.