Engineering Division - MWT
Mr. E.L Mwangosi
Division of Engineering Services
Tel: +264 61- 208 87131
Fax: +264 61-2088736
The Division of Engineering Services is responsible for implementation of government capital construction projects by the provision of engineering expertise and management, coordination and control of the activities of engineering consulting firms and contractors employed by the government.
Engineering, the practical application of scientific principles for the betterment of human life, is essential in the construction industry. Apart from the architectural input given during the design of a building, which is mainly concerned with its asthaeitics, engineering is needed to ensure its strength and provide safety and human comfort within the confines of available resources.
There are three sections of engineering in the division, each headed by a section head viz. Civil/Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
Our codes of practice are based on well established and acceptable standards such as ISO, SANS (formally SABS), BSI, IEC, IEEE, DIN, JIS
Electrical Engineering Building Services include but are not limited to:
- Incoming Electrical Supplies
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Electric Lighting and Power Installations including Light Fittings
- Electric Heating Installations
- Street Lighting
- Telephone Equipment and Distribution Systems
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Public Address, Personnel-Location and Call Systems
- Lightning Protection Systems
- Access Security Systems
- Computer Networking and Data Systems