Contact persons for Housing and Alienation

Mrs E. Kalomho- 2088500

Asset procurement – procedures

Acquiring of properties by means of purchase, donation and exchange


Receive request from line ministries to acquire  property for their need;Ministry of Works  to enter into negotiation with the owner of the property based on the valuation and possible conditions attached to the purchase;Once both parties agreed on the purchase price, the seller will be requested to appoint the lawyers to attend to the transfer and registration of the property On the date of registration of the property in the deeds office, the purchase price will be paid to the owner;The title deed will be forwarded to the department for safe keeping


Receive request from line ministries to acquire property for their need or based on the offer given by the donor inform Ministry of Works of the property;Ministry to liaise with ministry of lands on the evaluation of the property

After receiving the evaluation ministry of works to write submission to Ministry of Finance (treasury) for acceptance of the donation;after receiving authorization, ask the donor to draft the Deed of Donation;send the Deed of donation to the attorney General Office for scrutiny;both parties sign the Deed of Donation;send Deed of Donation to Attorney General’s Office to handle the transfer of the property

Deed office to provide Ministry of Works with the New title Deed;after receiving Title Deed, Ministry of Works to inform  line Ministry concerned in writing of the registration of the property and allocation;open file for the property


Line Ministry to identify property to be exchanged and forward the need to Ministry of Works;ministry of Works identify govt property for exchange and propose the exchange to local authority; Local authority agree in principle to the exchange;ministry of works to liaise Ministry of land for evaluation of the properties

After evaluation, Ministry of works to write to Treasury for authorization;After Treasury authorization, Ministry of Works to write Cabinet submission for approval;After Cabinet approval , seek Tender Board exemption;Obtain Deed of exchange from Government Attorney's Office

Both parties sign the Deed of exchange; government Attorney Office or Local Authority to handle the transfer/registration of the property; ministry of Works to receive the new Title Deed; inform the Line Ministry of the registration of the property and allocate

Close the file for the property disposed and open the file for the property acquired; contact persons for Procurement

Mr. M. Rhodes – Tel: 2088511/0811410466.