FAM-Procedures to be followed

Note: Kindly note that the Ministry is no longer handling normal application for official accommodation except for those official transferred by their line ministry or foreign expatriates whose contract stipulates that they should be given accommodation by the government;Motivation for official accommodation to be recommended and signed by line managers;Filling of official application form by civil servant and signed by their human resources division managers. 

Forward application to Ministry of works and Transport for discussion by the ministerial housing committee for possible allocation;After ministerial housing committee approval or reject, staff member through human resources division of the respective ministry is informed by the housing secretariat of the outcome.

On receiving of keys for official quarter a staff members is to enter into a lease agreement and make payment of a refundable key deposit of N$400 for a single quarter an N$600 for a family quarter; On cancellation the ministry requires a clearance certificate from local authority concerned as well as proof of payment of house rental (payslip)
Contact persons for Fixed Asset Management Mrs. M. H. K. Veico – Tel: 2088513/8; Determine if property is to be alienated;Determine whether property is registered in the govt’s name;Issue  an offer to sell to the legal sitting tenant; Sitting tenant to reply within 15 working days;If sitting tenant replies positively, the ministry requires the following documentation:
Copy of ID;Copy of payslip; Municipal clearance; Clearance letter from human resources division on monthly house rental; Married certificate if married;Once all documentations are in order,  a deed of sale is issued to the tenant;After deed of sale is signed by both party, guarantee for the purchase price to be provided within 30 days of signing the deed of sale After guarantee received, property is to be registered within 90 days; If not, penalty fee of 15.5% interest will be charged; If guarantee received and property registered, ministry to present the guarantee to the bank for payment to the ministry; Municipality will be informed that the property is sold to the new tenant Transaction concluded; Property not to be sold within the period of 5 years without a written concerned by the Minster of Works; file closed.